Chicken breast pizza is one of my absolutely favourite Slimming World recipes! If you manage your healthy extras it can be a totally syn free meal as well as being delicious so here are the steps!
- Take a chicken breast and either butterfly it or beat it with a meat tenderiser.
- Dry fry it so the chicken is cooked through.
- Use tomato puree or passata to cover it on one side. If like me, you find puree or passata “too tomatoey”, you can use my cheat which is to use puree and mix it with stock, to “dilute” the flavour. After heating the mixture, it reduces and you get a sauce which has a similar consistency to what you started with, but now has a less strong taste. I make this sauce in bulk and freeze portions so that when I want to eat this meal I don’t have to cook it from scratch every time!
- Use one (or both) of your Healthy Extra allowance of cheese on top (or syn it if you have already had your dairy for the day). You can also add some other free vegetables or toppings – I personally like bacon or ham with some sweetcorn.
- Put it in the oven for 10-15 mins until the cheese is all melted and golden and serve with a portion of vegetables (I usually preheat the oven to about 180 degrees, but as my oven is very temperamental I can’t give you an exact temperature).
- In the portion below I had two chicken breasts and then had an extra portion of cheese (either your second HE portion or syn it) but it was way too much for me and I ended up saving half for the next day! I served it on a bed of carrots, but it works really well with any vegetable, and I particularly like it with spinach which is also speed.
Have you tried chicken breast pizza? Let me know in the comments below what your favourite toppings are!