You may have noticed that some of my Slimming World recipes are very vague with the measurements! Why is this? Well, whereas with baking you can’t guestimate amounts of ingredients, with cooking, more often than not you can! Taste is everything and so I tend to hit the kitchen with a pile of ingredients and very Ready, Steady Cook style, just throw stuff together, and tweak the recipe as I go along.
I’m not an expert cook, and I’m not saying I have never had kitchen disasters, but on the whole, I’ve found that if all the ingredients are things you like, as long as you are sensible, it can be difficult to come out with a meal which is not to your taste.
As you grow in your confidence in the kitchen, you will know what kind of things go best together, and which things go less well together and you will get more inventive with your Slimming World Recipes.
Top Slimming World Recipe Tips:
- Remember to include speed food to make up one third of your meal.
- Using diet or low calorie soft drinks is a great way to introduce a syn free sweetness to a meal or recipe.
- Herbs and spices are syn free and are a brilliant way to tweak the taste of a meal.
- Bulk cooking and meal planning will help you to keep on plan and not go off track, so it’s worth cooking double the amount you planned so you have some syn free meals in the freezer for days when you can’t or don’t want to cook!
- Don’t be afraid to try something out! I do most of my shopping at Aldi and so if there is a worst case scenario and I don’t like something, I’ve not lost much money on it, equally though, it’s meant I’ve tried things I could never have dreamed of before!
- Don’t like all the ingredients on a recipe you find online? Tweak it! Take things out and add things in! Remember my point about ingredients – if they are ingredients you like then you are probably going to like the outcome!
Let me know your favourite Slimming World recipe in the comments below!